Nurturing Fathers Program:
The Nurturing Fathers Program is a 13-week evidence-based program for developing attitudes and skills for male nurturance. The group of 10 to 20 fathers meet weekly for 2 1/2 hours.
This program offers a unique approach to discipline that every man can relate to. We help fathers deal with their feelings, managing anger, resolving conflicts, engage in appropriate play, teach values, and be a role model. We discus the differences between fathering sons and fathering daughters, the influence of cultural perspectives, teamwork within the family, issues around work and fathering, and much more.
To watch a video from the 2014 Nurturing Fathers graduation ceremony Click Here.
Program Activities Address:
- The Roots of Fathering
- Teamwork with Spouse/Partner
- Nurturing Ourselves/Our Children
- Balancing Work and Fathering
- Fathering Sons/Fathering Daughters
- Communication and Problem Solving
- Discipline Without Violence
- Cultural Influences
- Playing with Children
- Dealing with Feelings
- Managing Anger/Resolving Conflict
- The Father I Choose To Be