- Additionally, Enlace offers emergency clothing, food, and assistance finding housing options. We offer space for community focused meetings, play areas for children, as well as supervised visits.
- Parents & teen parents
- Single parents
- Grandparents & caregivers
- People with limited financial resources
- Anyone that wants to develop skills on how to become an active participant in their community
Enlace de Familias trainers will also include the following topics:
Team Work & Discipline
- To identify the elements of successful teamwork and apply them to parenting
- To learn the key techniques for discipline and behavior management through understanding of team sports
- To establish family rules for the whole family
Ages & Stages
- Understanding that every child (even though very different) must work and face certain tasks in order to developmentally move ahead
Hitting, Fear & Violence
- To differentiate between nurturing and non-nurturing parenting practices.
- To identify the intentions and actual outcomes of various parenting practices. To commit to the use of specific nurturing parenting practices that do not represent fear or violence.
- To understand the differences between “Power – Over” or “Power – to” and how they affect parent’s lives.